Houston Business and Tax Law Journal (“HBTLJ”) is a scholarly journal currently publishing two issues per year at the University of Houston Law Center. Each publication touches on myriad current issues that concern the areas of business and tax law.
HBTLJ accepts unsolicited manuscripts and works-in-progress for publication consideration. The Board of Editors will notify authors of the publication decision within four weeks of receipt of the work. In making publication decisions, HBTLJ takes into account several factors including the current legal and policy trends in business, commerce and tax, the balance and variety of selected pieces, and compatibility with HBTLJ’s range of topics.
HBTLJ requests that submissions conform to the following:
- an abstract should accompany each submission
- submissions should be typed and double-spaced
- completed manuscripts must conform to The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th ed.)
- a contacts page containing the author’s name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address should accompany each submission
- a curriculum vitae or resume for the author should be included in each submission packet
HBTLJ prefers electronic submission in Microsoft Word format. Please email submission materials to firstname.lastname@example.org and address cover letters to Submissions Editor, Ashton Hoffman. You should receive a confirmation within three business days after we receive your email. If you do not receive a confirmation, please resubmit the email. Alternatively, submission materials can be mailed to:
- University of Houston Law Center
Houston Business and Tax Law Journal
Attn: Submissions Editor
4604 Calhoun Road, Student Organization Suite
Houston, TX 77204-6060
HBTLJ regrets that submitted manuscripts will not be returned unless a self-addressed stamped envelope is attached with the submitted materials.